Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Short and Sweet...



I had an appointment on Friday, April 26 and it was short and sweet.  15 minutes and I was in and out.  I LOVE appointments like that.  Not much was discussed except.. WE FIND OUT WHAT WE ARE HAVING SO SOON!

We made our anatomy appointment for the last week of May and I do not think I can wait that long!  We are still discussing doing a Gender Reveal party, but I am ALL ABOUT IT!  I think they are so much fun and will allow Billy and I to share the news of what we are having with all of our friends and family without having to wait 20 more weeks until the baby is born.  I am pretty sure I have Billy talked into, we just need to figure out the logistics.



So without much to report, I am just going to give a quick pregnancy update for week 15.


Week 15 Pregnancy Updates

Baby Guy's Size:  Still not quite sure because we didn't have an ultrasound, but according to The Bump, Baby Guy is about the size of a navel orange. Although we didn't get to see Baby Guy, we did get to hear the heartbeat again.  Baby Guy's heartbeat was about 157 so we can't even look to the old wive's tales to decide if Baby Guy is a he or a she!  Little stinker!




My belly: I think I can see a little growth, but still not much.  I am still excited to be wearing my own clothes comfortably and the goal is to make it to 20 before having to wear maternity!  We will see.

My Size: Still down 6 pounds.  I had gained two back by my appointment on Friday, but when I got up today, back down two.  I know this will change soon, but its nice to know I have a little leeway in the 11-20 pounds the doctor wants me to gain.

Movement:  Still nothing, but I am hoping to feel it soon.  From everything I have read, I don't expect to feel it befor 17-18 weeks, but you never know!

Most exciting thing: Hearing Baby Guy's strong and steady heartbeat.  When you can't feel anything, you sometimes forget there is a living person inside of you.  So being able to hear that wondrous sounds makes it so much fun.

Side note:  We did have a moment where all we heard were loud THUNKS! Doc told us apparently Baby Guy does not like the Doppler as he/she was moving around and kicking at it which was the loud thunks we were hearing.


Most annoying thing: The amount of times I have to use the bathroom in a single day!  I am one of those people who views going to the potty as the BIGGEST waste of time.  So now that I got about every stinking hour, I am highly irritated by it.



Cravings: Nothing crazy yet.  In fact, I suffer from craving nothing.  I still eat, but nothing ever sounds good.


Sickness:  Still feeling great... thank goodness!

Next appointment: Friday, May 24 though we may change it.  This is the BIG ONE!  Although we will be "finding out" what we are having, we are actually not going to find out until our Gender Reveal party.  And I think I have figured out a way to make it a surprise for everyone including the person hosting the party!


Stay tuned for the next post! We are going to be discussing the big GENDER REVEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment