Sunday, May 19, 2013

2 Weeks and Counting...





     In just under two weeks Billy and I will be finding out the BIGGEST surprise of our lives to this date.

       BOY  or  GIRL   BOY  or  GIRL  BOY  or  GIRL  BOY  or  GIRL




    In preparation for this big event, Billy and I decided to have a gender reveal party.  What better way to share the wonderful news of what we are having than having all of our friends and family in one place?  So... for the past two weeks, I have been accumulating all kinds ideas via Pinterest, too many in fact.  Though focusing my attention on this party is helping me NOT focus on how desperately I am DYING to find out what we are having.

So, as not to ruin any of the surprises, the only thing I am willing to show is the party invitations since they already went out.  That, and I am still working on making some of the other decorations.  





And to conclude, since its been a couple of weeks... let's continue with the updates.


Week 18 Pregnancy Updates 
Baby Guy's Size:  We aren't yet to the point where they are measuring how big Baby Guy is, so we just have to go off The Bump.  According to thebump.com, Baby Guy is the size of a sweet potato.  This means Baby Guy is about 5.6 inches long and 6.7 ounces, but growing rapidly!



My belly: There is officially a baby bump.  Not big enough for me to wear maternity clothes, but definitely something I can see.  I have been told at least 5 times within the past week that I don't even look pregnant, which is great!

My Size: Still no sufficient weight gain.  At this point, I am down 5 pounds.  I am not complaining as long as everything is ok.


Movement:  Well, ask and you shall receive.  This baby is a mover and a shaker!  Since the day that I first felt movement, it hasn't stopped.  Baby Guy seems to be a morning person and night owl.  I always have lots of movement right around breakfast time and right before bed.

Most exciting thing: Getting ready for the gender reveal! Seriously, I am so excited I have no idea how people go the entire time without finding out.  While I have been leaning toward baby girl the entire time, as the party gets closer, I am slowly starting to change my mind.  All Billy and I want is a healthy baby but finding out what we are having is going to make this all VERY REAL!


Most annoying thing: I broke down and bought some maternity clothes.  As I mentioned, I don't really need them yet, however, I wanted to be prepared.  I didn't buy too much since I will be the biggest in the summer months, but I am hoping to get by with wearing dresses, but I had to have a few essentials.


Cravings: Still not craving much.  Though I could eat fruit-flavored candy all day long.


Sickness:  I think we are in the clear, at least for now.  Here's hoping it doesn't make an appearance in the third trimester.

Next appointment:Thursday, May 30 is the big day.  Although we will not be finding out until May 31, we go for our anatomy screening on this day.  I am so excited to see Baby Guy as it has been SO LONG.  I can't wait to see how much bigger Baby Guy has gotten in 8 weeks.


One more exciting thing... Billy and I decided to purchase a 3D/4D ultrasound package through a business in Greenwood called Sneak Peak.  We did this as a Mother's Day gift for our moms, so they will both be able to go with us and meet Baby Guy before he/she is born!  It will be a bit of time before we go, but I am so excited to share this with them, I can barely wait!

That's it for now.  Maybe I can get Billy to post next time on his thoughts about the upcoming gender reveal!  I now he's excited, maybe even more so than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment