Thursday, April 18, 2013

Done with One!


    
 
 
     That’s right! It’s hard to believe, but we are officially done with the first trimester!  HOORAY!  Truthfully, it seems like it flew by.  Mostly because the first four weeks you don’t even know your pregnant.  The next seven to eight, however, were the MOST difficult!  I so badly wanted to tell people but knew it was not what Billy and I had decided.  I am just so happy that everyone knows and we can tell whomever we like.

     So now that I am done with the first trimester, I am going to do a little recap and some updates.  I actually borrowed this idea and questions from Billy’s cousin Kelly!  She is pregnant with her and her husband Duane’s second child and she had done this for both babies.  It’s a great way to keep everyone in the loop while also writing down the facts for Billy and me to remember in the future.  I LOVE IT!

 

Week 14 Pregnancy Updates 
 
 
Baby Guy's Size:  Truthfully, I have no idea.  I had an ulstrasound done at 12 weeks, in the name of education, but the tech didn't really say how big Baby Guy was.  According to "The Bump" website, Baby Guy should be measuring about 3.4 inches and weigh 1.5 oz., or in food terms, Baby Guy is about the size of a lemon.

My belly: I can't decide if it has popped just a little bit or not. I have never had a flat stomach, but with losing six pounds, I think my belly is sticking out just a bit in even though I am slimming down. Haven't had to invest in maternity clothes just yet, but I know it is just around the corner. Billy is already cringing.

My Size: As I mentioned, I am actually slimming down.  I have actually lost six pounds so far in this pregnancy.  Great, right? My doctor said this is totally normal and I will be gaining it back before I know it.  In total, for this pregnancy, the doctors would like to see me gain between 11 and 20 pounds.  Doesn't sound like much, but as long as Baby Guy remains healthy, I will try to do whatever the docs say.



Movement:  Nothing yet, but I am anxisouly awaiting this.  According to my doc, I probably won't feel movement for a couple more weeks.  Every mom I talk to says feeling your baby move is the absolute best feeling and I KNOW Billy is excited for this to begin too as he is just dying to actually be able to see and feel something.

Most exciting thing: Every ultrasound!  Billy and I have been lucky enough to see our baby 3 times so far.  This most recent time, though, Billy wasn't with me as I was having an ultrasound done for some students who were interseted in becoming ultrasound techs.  They were interested in seeing how the machine works and what the job looks like and I got to see my sweet baby one more time out of the deal!


Most annoying thing: Prenatal vitamins!  What is it with vitamins?  They never taste good.  I know they are so important to keeping myself and Baby Guy healthy, but boy do they sure taste bad!


Cravings: Throughout the first trimester all I wanted was mashed potatoes and gravy.  Now that my stomach has settled down, I don't crave much.  Usually, if something is on television, that's what I want!  Most recently it was blueberry muffins.



Sickness:  I am one of the lucky ones!  While I experienced some nausea here and there, I never actually got physically sick.  Thank goodness!  I am keeping my fingers crossed that this continues through the next two trimesters.

Next appointment: I go to the doctor next Friday morning for a monthly check-up.  My following appointment in May should put us right on target for finding out the sex of our baby!  Billy is totally set on finding out what we are having while I keep going back and forth!



Go ahead and leave us a comment and let us know what you think about whether or not Billy and I should find out Baby Guy's sex!

No comments:

Post a Comment