Sunday, April 7, 2013

Interview with a (Not-So) Soon To-Be-Dad



Billy here.  My wife told me it was my turn to make an appearance on the blog, especially since she promised it on the last post.  She had a pre-set list of questions for me to answer, but I added a couple of my own as well.  So here you have it from a (not-so) soon-to-be dad.

P.S.  How great is the latest ultrasound of our baby?  He/she is waving!
 



What was your first thought when you found out you were having a baby?
I couldn't believe it… I have always wanted children.  Because I have wanted children for so long, I was sure we would have the misfortune of it taking a long time before we were so lucky.  Boy was I wrong... WAY wrong!

What has Jaymi been craving so far?

Jaymi has not had any of the crazy cravings that you normally hear but she has found a few items that she is frequently asks for… mashed potatoes and gravy even if the main course is Chinese (like last night) or peanut butter on cheese crackers (I should honestly buy stock in Nabisco).  Who knows what she may request in the future.
 
What's the one word that would best describe Jaymi's moods thus far?
Nauseated is what first came to mind, but Jaymi told me that isn’t a mood.  So I guess I will say exhausted.
 
Will you or Jaymi be more likely to say no to your child?
Depends, if Jaymi really wants to say no she will probably have me do it for her.

 
** Editor's Note:  I, Jaymi, totally disagree.  I believe Billy will be a big softy and I will have to be the disciplinarian.
 
What are you looking forward to purchasing for the new baby?
Matching shirts—I have always wanted to have a shirt that said “Big Guy” with my baby’s onesie saying “Little Guy”.  That may be odd but just one of those things that I have always wanted.
 
** Editor's Note:  I, Jaymi, am totally shaking my head at this, but in the words of Billy, "It will make a great picture!"
 
Which grandparent will spoil your baby the most?
Wow, more like which grandparent will spoil the baby the least? Honestly I would guess Sara (Jaymi’s mom) will be the leader in the spoiling department, especially since she works with Jaymi so it will be easy for her to drop things off for the baby.

What are you going to be most worried about if this baby is a girl?
BOYS, isn’t that every Dad’s biggest worry?
 
What about if it's a boy?
Along the same lines, I guess I worry about the heartbreak that he will have and trying to help him through it.

 
When do you think you and Jaymi will buy your first minivan?
My guess is never… I think we will have SUV’s as Jaymi swears she will never drive a minivan but we will have to see on that.
 
What are you most looking forward to about being a dad?
This was a tough one because even though I am looking forward to watching and supporting him or her in her sports, dancing, etc.; I really just look forward to playing with my child. I am referred to as a jungle gym by the kids in our families and can’t wait to have fun playing with my own kid(s). 


No comments:

Post a Comment