Sunday, September 29, 2013

37 weeks... the End is SO CLOSE!


   
 
     The end is in sight and I really can’t believe it.  At 37 weeks, we are technically full-term.  Though it would be nice to keep this baby in a couple weeks longer, I, along with my doctor, feel like she is coming early.  Now I know at this point most pregnant women are ready for their babies to be here, but truthfully, I just like our little princess needs to “bake” a bit longer.  And, as many of you know, my brother in law is getting married on October 5 and my sister is getting married on October 18.  I would like to hold off on this baby making her appearance until after the 5th but before 18th, but, since I am not in control, we will just have to wait and see.
     A couple of interesting things did happen this week.  My co-workers held a surprise baby shower for me which was really fun.  They bought a lot of nice things for Baby (girl) Guy and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like shopping for a baby?  




We also had our weekly OB appointment on Friday where the doctor told us that I am 3cm dilated and 80% effaced.  This about 1 cm further than we were at 36 weeks, so at least we are making progress.  But what does this all mean?   Pretty much, Baby Girl can come anytime!  So let’s do a quick 37-week update.


Week 37 Pregnancy Updates


Baby Guy's Size: I guess we will find out how big Baby Guy is when she chooses to make her appearance.  According to The Bump, she should be somewhere between 6.5 to 9 pounds and be about 19 to 21 inches long.  Truthfully, I don’t think we are going to have a big baby, but I feel like she may be on the taller side.



My belly: Have I told you lately I LOVE fall!  What does this have to with my belly?  Well… I can wear scarves to cover up the belly! Haha!  In actuality, the belly has gotten much bigger, but it sure has dropped.  Baby Guy is LOW!
  

My Size: Doctor says weight gain is looking good.  If Baby Guy comes soon, my total weight gain would be right at 20 pounds and I am totally ok with that.

Movement:  Movements have become less punch and kick-like and more like rolls.  What I find most interesting is that we know that Baby Guy is head down and yet I can still feel her feet up in my ribs sometimes.  Its one reason why I feel like our kid may come out on the taller side.

Most exciting thing: Knowing that our princess will be here practically any time.  I know that by this time most pregnant women are over being pregnant, but I really would like her to delay making her appearance for a bit, but she comes when she comes, and we couldn’t be more excited to meet her!

Most annoying thing:  Can you say PRESSURE?!  I mean, seriously!  There is so much pressure so very low.  I know that this is part of it, but sometimes there is so much pressure it’s hard to even walk.

Cravings:  Food just doesn’t sound good.  I eat because I know I have to.  Really, I just get so full that the pressure in my stomach just isn’t fun.

Sickness: I feel really good, which is surprising me as everyone says the last month is the most miserable.  I know I can make it another week but we will definitely have to see what Baby Girl has in mind.


Next appointment: We go on Wednesday to see if any further progress has been made.  If you are a praying person, keep Billy, Baby Girl and I in your thoughts and say an extra little something that she waits to come until AFTER October 5.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment