Friday, August 9, 2013

Cooperation is NOT our strong suit...

    


     On Wednesday, Billy and I took our mothers to a 3D/4D ulstrasound place in Greenwood call Sneek Peak.  As many of you know, Baby Guy was NOT COOPERATIVE.  Our stubborn little girl would not move her hands away from her face.  The owner told us that we could come back the next day and get a re-scan since Baby Guy was being so camera shy.



     Yesterday we went back and to be perfectly honest, I was expecting a lot more of the same.  With all of our ulstrasounds Baby Guy has just not been into it.  She moves and wiggles and tries to get away.  All of the movement is great in terms of making a healthy baby, but it is a bit counterproductive when you are trying to get a good picture of her face.  So at 6:45pm I laid down on the table expecting to be a slightly disappointed, but instead... we got these!

When she came on the screen, the tech immediately
said... Look at those chubby cheeks!


Look at that little smile!


 
 
 
     Are they the best 3D/4D pictures every taken?  No.  But Shaena at Sneek Peak was great!  So patient and understanding.  She did her absolute best and when you are working with a baby in utero, you take what you can get.  I absolutely love these pictures and know that Billy and I will cherish them forever!  But now is the time to help us out... who do you think she looks like?!  I still think she looks like me but even if you disagree, you have to admit... SHE HAS MY NOSE!  I have said from 20 weeks and at 30 weeks, I still believe it.
     Now that that is all over, it starting to set in that the next time we see her, we will be holding her!  I know that Billy is getting more and more excited/anxious as each day goes by.  He just keeps telling me, I can't wait to hold her.  At times, I feel sorry for him/Dads in general.  Men don't get to experience all of the amazing things that pregnancy has to offer.  On the flip side, men don't have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes, sleep in some of the strangest ways imaginable, waddle, or push a large object out of a small object, so maybe I don't feel TOO bad for them.
     So now that you have seen the pictures, let's do some 30 week updates!
 


Week 30 Pregnancy Updates
 
Baby Guy's Size:  Starting at our next appointment we will start measuring Baby Guy's size as well as looking to see if she is preparing herself for the Great Journey.  Right now, all I can tell you is she sure has some CHUBBY cheeks.  According to The Bump, Baby Guy is between 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and the length of a cucumber.



My belly:  Full speed ahead.  There is a bump and it is proud to make its appearance.  Truthfully, it isn't nearly as large as I expected and for that I am grateful.


Before Baby Guy's first concert...
New Kids on the Block!  WHAT?!

My Size: Still doing great in terms of weight gain.  Right now I fluctuate between 11-13 pounds.  If I stay at this pace, I will hit the 20 pound mark my doc set for me and hopefully won't go over.

Movement:  Does wild and crazy ring a bell?  We have one ACTIVE child.  I really enjoy it most days as I know she is still alive and well and happy in her "home."  Though one day this week she had the hiccups and it felt like a muscle spasm in my crotch continuously for about 30 minutes.  That was a bit annoying.

Most exciting thing: I know this sounds bad, but passing that 3 hour glucose test was pretty stinking exciting.  Not only does it mean I am healthier than I realized, but that my baby is not in any danger either.

DON'T PICK ORANGE!  I had Fruit Punch for the
1 hour and it was MUCH BETTER!


Most annoying thing: I have said it before and I will say it again... going to the bathroom.  I despise it.  One lady at work refers to it as my other "office."  Oh yea, also had that darn TDaP vaccine.  That thing makes your arm SORE!

Cravings: I wish I had a good craving to report, but I don't.  I still want sweets all the time, but that was pretty normal pre-pregnancy.  The other day I would have killed someone for white cheddar popcorn, though.




Sickness:  The occasional acid reflux, but other than that... nothing! 

Next appointment: We are now in our 2 week appointments so we go back on August 20.  For the most part our appointments have been 15 minutes in an out, but I look for that to start to change real soon.

     That is it for now.  Expect the next update after our 32 week appointment.  I would like to add that Billy and I have been getting a few people here and there asking about where we are registered.  I finally got that done, with no help from my hubby (thank God for Moms!) and we are registered at Buy Buy Baby and Target.  Besides the fact that our feet were killing us by the end, registering was fun!  Until next time...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment